I went to Pat's visitation yesterday. I met my brother and his wife. Seeing Larry and the boys wasn't too hard. I am sad that Pat is gone, but she isn't hurting anymore and she is with God. I think she is with my Charlee too. (My student who died in June). I think they will get along fabulously!
The visitation was like a family reunion. All of the people my dad used to work with were there. I hadn't seen some of them for a long time. Dad retired 5 years ago and a lot of people went with him--the state offered an awesome retirement package that year.
Dad, Lynne (his wife), my brother and his wife and I all went out to Godfather's for dinner. We sat and talked for about 2 hours. It was nice. They were all staying in a hotel and going to the service this morning. I went on home.
Today is Wade's birthday party. It will be SUPER small. Maybe 8 people at the MOST. I don't think Shane's sister is showing up but if she does, that'll add 5!
1 comment:
I hope Wade has a wonderful birthday party! I bet yesterday was hard. I hope you're doing ok today!
Lots of love,
Cheryl
Post a Comment