17 August 2010

Summer is coming to an end

I know that summer is coming to an end when I have to go back to school and get my classroom ready. I spent some time working on getting things ready on Monday. I don't really have much to do. I can't do seating charts or anything like that until the end of the week when I have a final class list. I do know who my students are, but most of my classes will change between now and Friday. During our loverly meetings on Thursday I will make seating charts. I met the new principal today. Figured I should introduce myself.

When I leave at the end of the day, I close my blinds to keep the heat of the sun out. I always come into the building from the back side and rarely drive by the front of the building at all. When I opened my blinds today, this is what I saw. He was a bit higher up initially, but I was talking on the phone and couldn't snap a picture. Last spring the pulley for the flag pole broke off in a KILLER storm. So this guy got to fix it today. I did get to have a nice little conversation with him. Funny man.


I am happy that Old Glory will be flying high again this year. I missed it! I could always tell how windy it was by the flag.

Across the street Advanced Eye Care lost their time/temp marquis in that storm....now if only they will fix it so I can see what the temp really is out there!

No comments: