13 February 2011

Getting crafty

One of my good friends is having a baby here in a few weeks. I helped throw one of her baby showers. She had quite a big turnout between her 3 showers, so I didn't feel bad making her a couple of things instead of buying off the registry.

First are burp cloths. I think I could have bought them on Etsy or Ebay cheaper and may go that route if I ever decide to do it again. They are SUPER cute, but cost about the same as purchasing them!




Second is I decided to crochet an afghan. My grandma Grace taught me when I was 8 or so...so 27 years ago. I've always known how to do it, but never really done it. I picked up a how to book from walmart and some yarn. Then I found an EASY pattern online. It took longer than I expected...but it was pretty stinking cute!

2 comments:

Val Butler said...

Wow! I'm impressed. i didn't know you could crochet! How beautiful!!! Handmade gifts are the most special.
: )

Sarah's Smile said...

Val--I'm sure it isn't something we discussed around the lunch table or outside the band room ;) Not much use for crocheting in high school...but maybe there should be a class!

My next project will be a FULL sized one for a student/babysitter's graduation gift.