08 June 2011

Summer time

Usually summer is a time of relaxation and rejuvenation for me.

This summer is isn't going to be either, I don't think. Mom's house needs to be cleaned out. Many of the items I have NO stinking clue what to do with. I have hauled out bags of trash and bagged up bags of clothing and linens. Now what do I do with the rest of her life? Most of it is not worth much, so who will want it? Some of the bigger pieces need to be sold...but again, how do I go about doing that? There isn't enough for an estate sale.

The list of things I have to do as executor is exhausting. I spent 2+ hours in Jacksonville running errands yesterday. Banks, insurance office, vet, lawyer, funeral home, etc. Then I spent another 3 hours at her house bagging up clothing and linens. It seems to be a never ending battle. I think many items will go to the garbage. I'm donating a lot to Goodwill/Salvation Army.

I'm thankful for my friends and cousins for helping me clean. Without them, I wouldn't be able to do it. It shows me who my real family is.

No comments: