25 November 2011

It's been a while

June 8? That was a LONG time ago. Update:

Summer should have been relaxing and was not. It was filled with mom's estate and doctor appointments. Mom's house was overwhelming. I had the help of my husband and two of mom's dear friends, and my friend Holly. Otherwise, that's it. We hauled out xmore than twenty bags of clothes. It was a sad undertaking for me. I don't know that anyone really gets that, but I was going through my mom's life piece by piece.

We did fit in a couple of trips to Knight's Action Park. We got season passes last summer and have them for next summer already.



Doctor's appointments increased in July when my OB found a spot on Case's lung. That began the journey of perinatologist appointments and regular OB appointments and echo-cardiograms and MRI. Case has a CCAM (http://mnneo.org/info_CCAM.php?thisPage=parents). It could have been severe or mild, but we wouldn't know until birth.

Then of course, school started.

Once school started I still had weekly and sometimes twice a week dr. appointments. That was time consuming and overwhelming.

October 21, Case Russell arrived via repeat c-section. Since then, that has been my life. BABY. He is probably colicky--like Wade was. All in all it is bittersweet to not have Case know my mom or her know him. I'll probably forever be sad that she won't know him and he won't know her.


I share the picture of me and Case even though my face is HUGE. The dr. gave me Toradol...which is part of the aspirin family. I am allergic to aspirin. So my first four hours of Case's life were spent with THAT!

No comments: