This year we had Thanksgiving at my mother in law's. There were about a dozen or so people there.
I made a pumpkin cheesecake. I followed the recipe this time, next time I'll make a couple of changes (noted in italics)
Crust:
1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (use graham cracker crumbs)
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons brown sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Filling:
* 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cups canned solid pack pumpkin
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1/3 cup maple syrup
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 4 eggs
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan. (Line pan with aluminum foil first!)
2. Using a fork, combine gingersnaps, pecans, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and two inches up the sides of the pan to form the crust.
3. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the pumpkin. Mix in the cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice and vanilla. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth.
4. Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until center of cheesecake is set. Allow to cool in pan for 30 minutes, then refrigerate overnight.
It was wonderful, but a bit rich after a big meal. I am looking for a mint cheesecake recipe for Christmas.
I also made a ham and broccoli pastry dish last week. It was pretty yummy.
Ingredients:
10-12 oz ham slices chopped up
6 oz shredded swiss cheese
2 cups FRESH broccoli chopped
2 tbs mayonaise
1 tbs dijon mustard
1/2 c onion chopped
1 tube of crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 350. roll out crescent rolls and press seams. Mix remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Spread mix down center of crescent rolls and then fold rolls together. The top will be open. Seal the ends. Bake until crescent rolls are brown--10-15 minutes.
Notes: I didn't put the mustard or onions in (Shane dislikes both). I used frozen steamed broccoli--MISTAKE. It was too watery! All in all it was yummy. I heated the leftovers up in a cast iron skillet. It was pretty good left over too!
No comments:
Post a Comment