Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I love the leaves turning and the brisk weather. I enjoy sleeping when it is chilly, but not so cold that I have to close the windows and turn the furnace on. I also enjoy the power bill being a bit lower. Fall means shorts and sweatshirts. Jeans and t-shirts.
This summer my dad began the renovations on our master bath. All that is left to do is some drywall work and then finish painting the room. The color is "early dawn." I would like to get that part finished so we can put the door on and finish trimming out that room, my closet and the master bedroom.
One evening this summer, I got a wild hair. I decided to take part of the paneling in our living room down. I took two sections of faux brick down. There was, low and behold, drywall behind it. Before the summer was over, we took down the rest of the paneling and had naked walls. We contacted a man whose job was drywall. Nothing else. He gave us a quote and we jumped on it. We had some preliminary work to get done that took us a while for various reasons.
We knew last week that we would be ready for drywall this week. The man we hired is not a very good communicator. I'm pretty sure he works through his wife...or that is how it seems. Not really effective. Monday he probably worked less than an hour. Tuesday maybe 3 hours. I'm glad this job is a total cost job and not hourly. Our living room is EMPTY. No light fixtures. No furniture. No dog. Dog is at grandma's and furniture is STUFFED into mainly the dining room and a few other places throughout the house. I'm hoping drywall man makes good progress including the CEILING today. Otherwise, I might start to get angry.
We are having our annual weenie roast this weekend...so my kitchen needs to be mostly cleaned up! I know renovations give me a little slack on the cleaning end...but I can't handle it. Wade watched his morning Clifford on a 13" tv while sitting in the computer chair in the otherwise empty living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment